Saturday, October 29, 2011

October Snow

Around 2:00 this afternoon, when it first started snowing, I took a couple shots because the snow looked sorta pretty.  The view to the back
 and of the blackberry bush.

But by 4:30 the poor blackberry bushes were on the ground,
and as I was about to update the first picture, a branch came down and caught the phone and cable lines.  We still have service for both, but I'm not expecting it to last.

By 9:00 a tree down the street is in bad shape.  It should be twice as tall, with only the trunk reaching the ground.
I was going to walk around the neighborhood checking out the damage, but as I was walking down the front steps, I encountered a bright flash quickly followed by thunder -- thundersnow!  I took that as a sign and stayed indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment