Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whole Beef Tenderloin

Friday evening we had some friends over for dinner, and about a week ago I had decided it would be fun to grill a whole beef tenderloin for them. I think this is the first one I've ever purchased. I know it's the first one I ever trimmed (I had the option at Costco of buying a full tenderloin or a trimmed one; even with the trimming loss, full was the less expensive option). I put some olive oil on it and then salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and aleppo pepper in the morning. Then just before dinner I seared the outside on the hot side of the charcoal fire and finished it up with indirect heat. I also added a few soaked hardwood blocks to add some smoke. The eight of us consumed essentially the entire 4.25 pound tenderloin.


No comments:

Post a Comment