Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pittsburgh to Davenport

Today was a road day. We made it all the way from Pittsburgh to Davenport, IA, leaving around 8:30 this a.m., and arriving close to 6:00 p.m. (Central time), about 620 miles, almost all of them on I80.

It was relatively boring until we hit a thunderstorm. I know it couldn't have lasted more than 5 or 10 seconds, but it felt like several minutes when Mr. Toad started aquaplaning at 80 mph. The ducks on the dashboard, however, were very happy with the weather.
I'm sure something must have happened in Indiana, but all I can remember about it was that it felt like Ohio but without the scenery and with lots of billboards. CL lucked into the driving shift near Chicago and encountered some traffic.
And I was back behind the wheel as we crossed the Mississippi River into Iowa; CL shot this from the bridge.
And, finally, in Iowa Mr. Toad met one of his rural relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment